Ever considered the idea of precisely measuring cosmic rays or solar UV radiation to understand their implications for Earth’s climate and human health?
Have you thought about a comprehensive measurement campaign to trace all the muons, electrons, neutrons, or gamma rays on the ground and in the high-altitude mountains across Europe?
And how about employing single-photon counting cameras from ADVACAM Cameras in the Czech Republic, Germany, and Greece for this purpose?
Yes, we are doing exactly this!
We are excited to announce that the “”BIOSPHERE” EURAMET’s EPM Project’ meeting was successfully held at ADVACAM Cameras in Prague on the 1-2 of June, 2023.
Funded by EURAMET – The European Association of National Metrology Institutes within the Metrology Research Program, this project aims to study the relationship and correlation of cosmic radiation in the atmosphere with ozone and UV radiation and their impact on public health and organic life on Earth.
A heartfelt thank you to all the participants who made this possible:
- Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy
- Institute of Metrology of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. (LZH)
- Główny Urząd Miar
- Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik
- Commissariat a l’Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives
- Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)
- KORMÁNYHIVATALOK (BFKH)
- Victor Babes National Institute of Pathology
- Czech Metrology Institute
- Nuclear Physics Institute CAS
- Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering – IFIN-HH
- National Technical University of Athens
- Raymetrics S.A.
- DTU – Technical University of Denmark
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE INVESTIGACIONES CIENTÍFICAS
- Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium (KMI-IRM-RMI)
- ADVACAM Cameras
What a collaboration!