Senior Electroplating Engineer
Do you love technological process-related challenges and do you have the mindset for continuous improvement? We are looking for an experienced electroplating engineer for taking responsibility over both the R&D and small-scale production processes at Advacam. Your contribution is needed in CMOS wafer bumping process, which is a critical step in the flip chip process of hybrid pixel detectors. The work is challenging and you’ll have your hands on work in setting up and fine tuning of plating processes, introducing new process chemistries and creating project related process flows and instructions.
Advacam fabricates state-of-the-art pixel detector modules for novel X-ray cameras for industrial and scientific markets. We manufacture Si sensors, deposit the solder bumps on the CMOS wafers and flip chip the components together. The typical pixel density of flip chip interconnects per cm2 is ~30,000. The manufactured components will be used in novel X-ray cameras and for scientific experiments all around the world.
Advacam runs its Si pixel sensor fabrication and flip chip processes in Micronova clean room facility in Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland. You’ll be working with the thin film processes in the 2,600 m2 clean room designed for microelectronics fabrication.
• Appropriate technical degree (M.Sc. or PhD) in relevant area
• At least 5-year experience in electroplating in R&D environment and good knowledge in principles of electroplating
• Quality oriented mindset – documentation, statistics, KPI’s etc...
• Problem-solving skills, flexibility, good reporting skills in English
• Good communication skills in English – very important!
• Industrial experience
• Open mindedness and positive attitude
• Commitment in your work